Transmission Maintenance and Repairs
Made up of gears, cylinders, clutches and valves, the transmission in your car or truck is responsible for the flow of energy from the engine out to the wheels. With a properly functioning transmission the ride is smooth. Without a properly functioning transmission you may hear grinding noises, smell strange odours or notice fluid under the car.
The transmission system is often ignored until there is a major problem. Many people who notice their car is not running properly tend to ignore the problem in the usually vain hope that the symptoms will work themselves out. The result is often much more extensive damage to the vehicle as the problem worsens over time. To repair these issues before this occurs and keep your car running smooth, make an appointment with Underwood Car Care today!
Why Get Transmission Services at Underwood Car Care
- Peace of Mind: As a Repco Authorised Service Centre we give our customers in Sumner peace of mind with the Repco Authorised Service Nationwide Warranty.
- Excellent Mechanics: The service professionals at Underwood Car Care are knowledgeable about the latest service innovations and parts with service bulletins and ongoing training seminars.
- Great Value: As a part of the Sumner neighbourhood we take pride in building vendor connections and bring the best deals to our clients.
Book nowContact us
Transmission Services from Underwood Car Care Include:
- Automatic Transmission Services
- Manual Transmission Service
- Flywheel Replacement
- Planetary Gearset Replacement
- Hydraulic Cylinder Replacement
- Actuator Replacement
- Clutch Replacement
- Rubber Seal Replacement
- Synchroniser Timing
- Idle Gear Replacement
- Manual Valve Replacement
- Throttle Valve Replacement
- Vacuum Modulator Replacement
- Governor Tuning
- Parking Brake Repair
Common Transmission Symptoms and Causes
Transmissions traditionally fail for mechanical or hydraulic reasons but now electronic failures have also been added to the list of issue requiring follow-up. A transmission technician must now be a complete power train shop because of the interaction of the engine controls and the transmission operation.
Even the automatic transmissions that are “sealed for life” require servicing. ‘Life” is a lot shorter if you don’t service them. We recommend an Automatic Transmission Flushing Service every 80,000kms on most vehicles. Being able to identify some transmission issues before they turn into big problems helps to keep you safe on the road. Some of the most common symptoms and causes of transmission problems include:
- The clutch may not engage from a full stop if there is a lack of hydraulic fluid.
- The transmission fluid may be running low, or may be dirty, causing a burning of the fluid.
- If there are issues or getting into gear, or staying in gear once you have, the clutch teeth may be broken.
- When the check engine light is on it may be from a vibration in the system.
To identify and fix transmission issues or for routine maintenance contact Underwood Car Care today. We’ll help you get into the right gear!
Our workshop is located in Woodridge and we also serve many customers in the surrounding areas.